Assignments:

Light Painting Portrait:

Book face:

Ted Talk:

Erik Johansson takes realistic photographs of impossible scenarios, capturing concepts rather than moments. Johansson says the process of taking a photo usually ends when you finally press the camera trigger. Instead, he believes photography only begins once you press the trigger. He also believes that photography is more about being in the right place at the right time. He likes taking photos that have unexpected twist because it retains a level of realism. His images are also different, some are colorful, and some are dark, but they all contain a common goal, realism. By realism he means photo-realism, because it’s not something you can really capture.

Johansson says that the perspective is the illusion. It’s not about what is realistic but about what we think looks realistic. He sees photography as different pieces of reality which you put together to create an alternate reality. We sometimes trick our brain because or brain simply doesn’t accept the fact that it truly doesn’t make sense. When we combine photographs is important to consider the possibility of it being real otherwise it just looks wrong. He says that there are three simple rules to follow to achieve a realistic result. The first rule is that photos combined should have the same perspective. Secondly photos combined should have the same type of light. The third one is about making it impossible to distinguish where the different images begin and end by making it look seamless.

Matching the color, contrast and brightness in the border between the images you combined and adding photographic defects makes it look like one single image. We have all the tools to create the unimaginable but the only thing that is limiting us is our own imagination. I really liked this video because it gives us an insight on what others see photography as. We also get to see how people use their imagination in order to create these amazing photos. I learned that we are the ones who limit ourselves from creating something that can be great.

Indeed Job Search:

Job #1: Vehicle Photographer

I would not meet the qualifications yet. To get this job I first need to obtain my high school diploma, have 1 year of experience in photography, and have computer software skills.

Job #2: Preschool Photographer

I do not meet the qualifications yet. Firstly, I need to make sure I have a vehicle and a valid U.S driver’s license, be at least 18 years old, and have a high school diploma.

Job #3: Real Estate Photographer

To be able to get this job I need to have a driver’s license. I also would need to provide samples of my work, a good personality, and great customer service skills.

Screen printing:

Sandy Skoglund:

Sandy Skoglund is known for her surrealist images which are brightly colored. She colors her set and places multiple life size objects and subjects around her images. Her pictures portray or represent motionless figures from a scene or story. I actually really like her style of photography. I like it because its unique and not many photographers show their creativeness the way she does. Though its many of the same objects in a different color it is still beautiful. Below is one of my favorite images of hers.

my image: Field of Crowz

Scavenger Hunt gallery:

Landscape painting:

Double Exposures:

20 sentences:

1. Multiple exposure pictures can be used to study a subject motion and position.
  2. Action of any kind can add interest to a lot of pictures.
  3. Each action requires a different camera technique due to the short duration of light from the flash.
  4. Most electronic flash units have a flash duration of a maximum 1/800th
  5. A minimum flash duration as short as 1/20000th can freeze almost any action.
  6. When there is a bit of existing light, it becomes a problem because the electronic flash stops the action.
  7. When you are outside and light is available the images are considered as ghost images, these occur when existing light and slow shutter speed are used in conjunction with electronic flash.
  8. A ghost image appears as ablur when one image is being recorded by the light that is existing and a second image that is sharper.
  9. Flash photography at night produces an underexposed photo if it is not taken properly.
  10. During nighttime a camera flash produces stark lighting which makes your subject lit and the background goes black.
  11. The foreground details become very overexposed, and it is better to exclude them.
  12. Simple lighting is ideal for action shots like a leaping karate jump in midair.
  13. These subjects become isolated which makes them get more lighting by using the unit off the extension cord.
  14. You do not want to allow the camera to see the flash unit during the open flash exposure.
  15. Most modern flashes could shoot multiple times at different powers.
  16. You can also keep the lens open with a bulb setting and use a dark cloth as another way to take multiple exposures.
  17. There are many ways to change the exposure, but a few are changing the shutter speed, ISO, or the lighting level.
  18. This is a very powerful technique when taking photos in order to have more creativity.
  19. You can also take multiple exposure images using a small flash.
  20. Varying exposure produces a range of interesting options like producing images that are too dark or too light.

Senior Portraits:

DSLR Camera and Lenses 25. facts

1. The mirror systems inside let you see the preview of your image through the viewfinder. 
  2. DSLR cameras are different than consumer cameras because of their detachable lenses.  
  3. Prime lenses have one focal length while zoom lenses have a variable of focal lengths. 
  4. Telephoto lenses are used when shooting distant landscapes to compress the perspective.  
  5. ISO is a number that describes the film’s sensitivity to light. 
  6. The higher your ISO the more sensitive your sensor will be to light. 
  7. If there is a lot of available light then your ISO would be at a lower setting.  
  8. Shutter speed is how long the shutter will take to open. 
  9. Your shutter speed should be double your frame rate. 
  10. Tripods are good to use in photography in order for your camera to stay still. 
  11. Apertures are also known as the f-stop. 
  12. The focal length divides by the lens diameter. 
  13. A lens that is considered “fast” has a larger or bigger maximum aperture. 
  14. Lenses perform better at 2 stops smaller than their max aperture. 
  15. The larger aperture you have the shallower your depth of field. 
  16. Longer lenses have a shallower depth of field because they magnify the subject. 
  17. A lens can be described as mount, prime or zoom, series, focal length, and maximum aperture.  
  18. Most cameras have different presets like daylight, cloud, flash, and various indoor lights. 
  19. The right white balance tells the camera how to make your white and grey neutral without having any color tint. 
  20. The camera does everything for you when it’s in full auto mode. 
  21. The camera does mostly everything but lets you manually choose the brightness, depth of field, and picture style in Creative Auto mode. 
  22. The camera sets the shutter speed and the aperture, but you can choose the ISO, AF/MF and white balance on P mode. 
  23. Shutter speed priority allows you to set the shutter speed, but the camera chooses the appropriate aperture. 
  24. Av or aperture priority allows you to choose the aperture, but the camera chooses the shutter speed. 
  25. In manual mode you choose everything, all settings.  

Double Color Exposures:

Block Printing:

Equipment Buying List:

Canon EOS R6 Mirrorless Camera $2,799 – I would obviously need a camera to take photos with, and I really like this camera.

Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens $2,399 – This is a lens, and I would need this to be able to take different shots.

HP 13.5” Elite Laptop $2,298 – I would need a laptop to be able to upload the images and edit them.

Carbon Fiber travel tripod $649 – I think a tripod is necessary when you want your shot to be strong and steady.

Design handbag $98 – You would need a bag to fit all the equipment you need.

San disk128 GB memory card $152- You should always have a backup memory card so when your old one is full you can switch it.

Sony MRW-G2 card reader $118 – A card reader is necessary to transfer your photos.

Memory card case $29 – It would be a safe option to have a memory card case, so you don’t lose them.

Nexto DI memory card backup $764 – You will want to keep the memory on you card in one place just in case if it gets lost or damaged.

Canon battery pack (x4) $236 – I got 4 canon battery packs in case if I need to go somewhere and will be using my camera a lot.

Canon battery charger (x2) $118 – I think it’s also a good idea to have battery charges to charge your batteries once they die out.

Canon speedlight $149 – A canon speedlight is necessary when you need to use your flash in a dark place.

MagMod flash kit $199 – A flash kit would be nice to have to provide a good range of light.

Lighting filter kit $29 – I think this would be nice to have so you can have colors in some of your images.

Flash case $75 – A flash case would be needed to store your lighting equipment.

Pro light LED fixtures 300k to 5000k $194 – This light fixture would be good to have to provide even more light, you can never have enough light.

All in one bundle background light kit $10,525 – I specifically got this item because it come with the back drops included and also included many more things that I would need to buy separately.

Lee filters system kit $1,418 – This is nice if you want to take natural photos with a warmer or cooler background.

Canon lens cap $13 – A lens cap in needed so that you don’t scratch the lens of your camera.

Sky panel s120-C soft light $8,160 – The sky panel soft light will give the photos a super nice tint.

3 softbox studio boom kit $6,078 – I think a boom kit is something great to have because you never will know when you will use it.

Adobe photoshop (3 years) $719 – Adobe photoshop it was one the first things you would need to get, you need to be able to edit your photos and photoshop is really good for that.

Apple iMac $2,628 – though I don’t think the iMac is a necessity I still think it’s nice to have when you’re doing your work at home and want to have a bigger screen, it also can store things.

Grand total for items: $39,847

After buying all this equipment I still would have $10,153 left. I would use this money to rent a studio and pay the rent every month for at least a year.

Cut and Paste Collage:

Read and Write:

Working in the photography field can be a good career due to many reasons. Photography is accessible to mainly all, you can be bored or inspired and pick up a camera and start taking pictures. It is also current, there is more demand for it now than there has ever been. Your photos can blow up and been seen by many people whether it’s on social media, magazines, etc. You also don’t have to work under anybody, you become your own boss. You don’t have to work under a hierarchy and the constraint. You also can have balance in your schedule, you don’t have to push yourself to work every day if you don’t want. You are also able to photograph everything and anything you desire to. It can be one of your creative outlets. I think it would be nice to work in this field because of the creative output you are allowed to have. It also doesn’t require much from you.

Triptych:

Man vs Nature:

Mirror Image:

Depth Of Field:

READ AND WRITE REVIEW

1. What is aperture, shutter speed and ISO? 

Aperture is the opening in the lens in which light travels. Shutter speed is the length of time the shutter of the camera is open, which exposes light. ISO is the increase or decrease of light values that allow you to shoot in certain light conditions.  

2. When would you need to change your ISO? 

You would need to change your ISO depending on the light setting you are in. When you are working with plenty of light you would want your ISO to be at a lower value. If there is low light your ISO would need to be higher. 

3. What are aperture and shutter priority settings? 

Aperture priority varies the exposure setting depending on what the aperture is placed at. If you have control of your aperture, you will be able to control the depth of field as well. Shutter priority gives you control over the shutter speed all while keeping the other settings on automatic.  

4. What are AF modes how do you change them? 

AF modes are autofocused modes. The use of each mode depends on the situation. Usually, the camera will automatically change mode if it detects movement in the frame. 

5. Why do you need to meter the light to get the right exposure? 

You need to meter the light to get the right exposure so that the image has enough of its shadows and highlights. This will give your photo a detailed and balanced exposure where nothing is either too bright or dark.  

6. What is white balance and why would you need to change it? 

White balance is the adjusting of colors in an image so that the photo comes out looking natural. This is something you would need to change because many light sources give off a color which makes it not look natural.  

7. What is depth of field and what is the difference between shallow and good? 

Depth of field is a shooting of a portrait with a blurred background. In depth of field whenever the image is shallow the background is blurred and has a small focus area. When it is good or deep the image is kept mostly focused.  

8. What are drive modes and metering modes? 

There are 3 drive modes, single shot, continuous low, and continuous high. Single shot allows you to shoot a single frame at a time. Continuous low is best to use when have an expressive model, or for portraits. Continuous high is for shotting things that move fast, or for sports. Metering modes help to evaluate and understand the frame you are pointing at and try to get the correct exposure.  

9. What is exposure compensation? 

Exposure compensation is a plus or minus (+/-) scale that lets your camera know either to increase or decrease its exposure.